September 23, 2010

On The Wings of Love... Legacy

The MK challenge - create. Thinking, thinking, remembering, smiling. When we create something with love, we leave a legacy of ourselves. I miss my grandma. She died when I was twelve years old. During the last few years of her life, she created two beautiful quilts. One for me, one for my sister. Beautiful butterflies adorn my quilt. I have displayed it with the trends. Hanging it on my wall, draping it across the sofa, folded neatly at the end of my bed. Everytime I look at this creation, I see my grandma. She taught me to sew, to cook, and to make wonderful crafty roses. She taught me to create. She smiled, and laughed.


I miss my grandma, but I am grateful for her legacy.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Lynda, this is such a beautiful quilt! Your Grandma left such a beautiful legacy. Isn't that what everyone hopes...to leave a beautiful and meaningful legacy for our children? I think so. I do wish I knew how to quilt (there are so many things I wish I knew how to do). Thanks so much for joining us this week. ♥

luke and kourt said...

I forgot about this quilt. I love this quilt too and I love how you interpreted it into the theme this week :)