It's funny - I thought this challenge would be easy, and it turned out to actually be one of the most vexing of all the challenges. Quiet is neither soft nor silent, it is not rest or relax. Quiet is not necessarily peaceful. Quiet is something you don't hear, but could hear. Unlike the young mothers of the MK duo, I experience quiet every day. My house is quiet when I walk through the door. My car is quiet while I drive. You see, my days have moments so quiet you could hear a pin drop. I miss the excited chatter and giggles of children, running through the door and through the house. I miss a house full of teenagers, laughing, turning their music too loud. While this empty nest of mine is often enjoyable; at last a minute to myself, the longing for something less than quiet is all to present.
4 comments:
Lynda, your image is so fitting of your words. I know that the 'noise' I have now will be gone all too soon. I really should cherish it more. It's just hard while in the midst of it I guess. I really admire you and your ability to write so well. You are so descriptive and poetic. You truly inspire me. ♥
I know, I know, you miss me :)
Lovely photo mom, and Kristi is right, you do write beautifully and you always know just what to say to go with your photos!
Lynda, I agree with you so much. I love my solitude during the days, but I also miss the sound of children - even noisy teenagers! In fact I think I may miss that the most. Some children recently moved into my neighborhood and I've enjoyed the sound of them playing outside:)
Great photo!
Lynda. Wow. Beautiful. I was really moved by this post.
I feel that I have no words to adequately describe what your image conveys to me, because your words are so beatuiful.
Have a great weekend xox
Post a Comment