OK, something new is a bit deceiving. But it is new to our house. Persimmons. Yes, I have heard of them. I have seen the color in a giant multi-color crayon box. But not once made a purchase of a persimmon. Until now. As an avid participant of Bountiful Baskets fresh produce co-op, today we received not one, but five, orange persimmons. I am told they are somewhat like a pear (I think they look like a tomato). I was also told that my five, orange persimmons are not quite ripe, and need to rest on the kitchen counter for a day or two. I looked them up online (what did we ever do without the internet - oh yeah, encyclopedias!). They are a tropical fruit, grown on trees, but are actually in the berry family. I found many recipes using persimmons, anywhere from a sorbet to a cheesecake. So, I am anxiously awaiting the ripening of one to try...
1 comment:
you will have to tell me how they taste, the bright colors look yummy.
Post a Comment