One of our favorite traditions is our bears. This tradition started quite accidentally, when my husband bought our first born son a teddy bear. We put it under the tree and it looked quite cute. Well, it "accidentally" got packed up with all of the Christmas decorations, and the next Christmas it founds its place beneath the tree again. Before I knew it, there were teddy bears galore. Hanging on the tree, sitting on branches, resting under the tree. It all seemed so innocent at first; a cute bear ornament, a fluffy, stuffed bear. It became a tradition to get a new bear or two every year. I have inherited bears, so rudely discarded by my children. Now the bears have taken over... run for cover!!! Approximately 300 bears now live at our house. I've considered changing my Christmas theme, but I haven't the heart to tell my bears they cannot come out to enjoy the holiday, their noses pressed against giant, clear plastic bags. Just makes me melt... Everyone looks forward to the bears, and now even the grandkiddies look for them at Christmas time. The bears will stay... for it isn't really Christmas without them!December 15, 2010
MK Challenge ... Tradition
One of our favorite traditions is our bears. This tradition started quite accidentally, when my husband bought our first born son a teddy bear. We put it under the tree and it looked quite cute. Well, it "accidentally" got packed up with all of the Christmas decorations, and the next Christmas it founds its place beneath the tree again. Before I knew it, there were teddy bears galore. Hanging on the tree, sitting on branches, resting under the tree. It all seemed so innocent at first; a cute bear ornament, a fluffy, stuffed bear. It became a tradition to get a new bear or two every year. I have inherited bears, so rudely discarded by my children. Now the bears have taken over... run for cover!!! Approximately 300 bears now live at our house. I've considered changing my Christmas theme, but I haven't the heart to tell my bears they cannot come out to enjoy the holiday, their noses pressed against giant, clear plastic bags. Just makes me melt... Everyone looks forward to the bears, and now even the grandkiddies look for them at Christmas time. The bears will stay... for it isn't really Christmas without them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I think I would be sad too if there were no bears when I came home for Christmas. I love them and a lot of them I have memories with. Like the bear that looks like Daisy and the funny purple bear. I love em all!
What a cute tradition! The bears look so at home under your beautiful tree! I really love it.
oh my goodness, lynda.
i adore this collage of images.
what a wonderful tradition.
i love how you described how the tradition came about...i think that is what happens lots of time, they are almost accidental.
Merry Christmas!
thanks for joining us!
Post a Comment