May 4, 2011

MK Challenge ~ Five Senses

It was hard for me to choose which of my five senses to focus on for this challenge. We take them all for granted. Each day we go about our business, not even realizing what we are seeing, hearing, tasting, smelling or touching. So many blessings, unrecognized.
One of the most comforting things is a warm, chocolate chip cookie. It seems to wash the stresses of the day away. Seeing them bake in the oven, hearing the timer buzz, smelling the warm chocolate, tasting the melty, warm, gooy, crunchy cookie. What else goes with a glass filled with cold milk? To me, a perfect end to a day. It is something to share with your family and friends. It is something you can do, just for you.






Do you need a cookie? Come on over!



6 comments:

April said...

Wow, I can use at least two senses for this post, smell and taste and maybe even more. Mmmm good! Thanks for sharing. . . and sight. Your photos look great and tell the story beautifully.

luke and kourt said...

yummo. I need a cookie right now. are u bringing me some? I sure hope so. Great idea mom, I love the ones baking, the lighting is perfect.

Life love, clutter and other beautiful things. said...

oooh yum!!! I can smell them from here!!!! I wish I could taste them too...

What a wonderful idea.

I agree we do take these things blessings for granted. It is nice to stop and realize our blessings xox

Kamill said...

I love cookies! Great pics!

Kristi said...

I'm on my way to your house. :) I love the smell of baking cookies as well as the taste! Definitely a comfort for me.

melissa deakin said...

oh goodness, lynda, this may be considered torture through the internet! LOL!
i love how you focused on so many senses...these photos are wonderful!
i think i know what i'll be doing later...making cookies!