December 29, 2010

MK Challenge ~ Dreams....

So many aspirations for just one blog, it was hard to choose what exactly I wanted to "dream" for the year 2011. I chose "peace". That seems so general, peace between countries, peace between families, peace in the neighborhood, peace at work. However, I am choosing to focus on my own inner peace. I want to be at peace with myself and who I am or have become. As a daughter, sister, wife, mother, and grandmother, women tend to lose themselves while focusing on others. It is fine, for there is a time for every season of our lives. It is my season to find that inner calm where I don't feel guilty for directing my free time and energy on things I enjoy doing. For today, I am dreaming of inner serenity.


2 comments:

luke and kourt said...

I think Peace is a great choice. I think by practicing peace we find that inner peace within ourselves. Great pic too.

Kristi said...

I love your choice for your word! Inner peace is definitely something I need to find for myself. I too would love not to feel guilty when doing things that I enjoy. That is a hard thing to do-especially when being a mom. But, I have found that when I have had some 'me' time I am a happier person and a better mom.

I'm so glad that you like your calendar! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your family and I look forward to learning more from you in the new year.